A Typical Day at KKDC
Life at KKDC
Each day at KKDC is organised around the needs, interests and developments of every individual child in order for them to learn at a rate suited to their requirements. Nonetheless, the general makeup and pattern remains the same as we are aware that this contributes to a safe environment for children as they begin to learn and therefore how to behave.
The arrangement of each room has been set up with the children's age and stage of development being at the forefront and the focus will be to provide knowledge, inspiration, dedication and safety. Our dedicated practitioners make a conscious effort to get to know parents through discussions and children through play. Carefully selected and planned activities will engage and interest each child, broaden their skills and ensure a sense of fun!
A typical day at KKDC would be as follows:
- 8:00-9:00am: Children welcomed/free choice activities based on child interest/breakfast/bottles
- 9:00-9:20am: News/weather/self-registartion
- 9:20-10:15am: Free choice activities based on child interest
- 10:15-11:00am: Snacks bar/nappy changing
- 11:00-11:45am: Activities continued
- 11:45-12:30pm: Lunch
- 12:30-1:30pm: Nappies changed/free choice activities based on child interest
- 1:30-2:30pm: Sleep time (0-2 and 2-3's). 3-5's continue with activities/outdoor play
- 2:30-3:00pm: Snacks time
- 3:00-4:00pm: Activities continued
- 4:00-4:30pm: Tea bar
- 4:30-6:00pm: Nappy changes/free choice activities based on child interest/children collected/parent & teacher catch-up
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all".
Sam Ewing (1949-Present) Athlete